I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fisherman


One day , i walked along the roadside . Suddenly , i saw two ships just back from the sea and parked their ship at a particular place . To my curious , i went approached to them and wanted to see whether can buy some fresh seafood from them . However , i saw a weird phenomena when i reached at the port . I saw a fat fisherman bring a lot boxes which full with small fishes while another thin fisherman just take out one boxes which just contained two or three big fishes . When i saw this , there was a question appeared inside my mind : Why this two ships back from the same fishing area and the same time , but got huge different in their catch . In order to get an answer for my curious , i went to the thin fisherman and asked him .

Me (M) : " Why your catch was so few compared to the fat fisherman ? You all not back from the same fishing area ? "

Thin fisherman (TF) : " oh , young man . That fat fisherman and i really went to the same fishing area , but i just caught the big fish only while the fat fisherman would catch any size of the fish . So , this made why my catch was so few compared to that fisherman ."

M : " Why you didn't catch the small fish instead of just caught the big fish ? "

TF : " In my whole fishing life , my target is to catch big fish not the small fish . This is my fishing rule ."

After talking with me , the thin fisherman went to clean up ship while the fat fisherman came to me at this time .

Fat Fisherman (FF) : " You don't listen to him . He was so stubborn until he got so few catch . I remembered that he told to me before that the target of a great fisherman was to catch a big fish not this small fishes . So , he would free all the small fish he caught . i think that there was a waste for him . "

M : " but , why you follow what he done ? i saw you took out a lots of boxes which full of small fish ."

FF : " If i do the same with him , then i would not as fat as what i am now . By the way , we could not catch the big fish all the time right ? Sometime , we need to surrender to the reality . We need to survive . "

After saying the last word , the fat fisherman went back to the his ship and started his ship cleaning job .

When the fat and thin fisherman went back to their ship , I started to think about what they told to me . Inside my mind , i tried to figure out which fisherman did the correct thing . After a few minutes , i got a conclusion that both of them didn't do the wrong thing because what they aimed for is different from each other . One fisherman more to the materialistic and one fisherman more to idealistic .

Hence , we needed to have both fisherman to exist . The existing of them could let us make a comparison between them . So i think that both of them are inter-related with each other . If the thin fisherman didn't exist , then how to show the the characteristics of the fat fisherman . The same thing would happen when the fat fisherman didn't exist in front of me , how i could notice the attitude of the thin fisherman .

After thinking this much , i finally reached my house and had a nice dinner with my family . However , i still guess the same thing will happen on the two fisherman for the next day if there are no much thing changes between them . Do you think so ?

No comments: